Did you know that bitter gourd or karela is not really a vegetable but a fruit. Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits is used for consumption and for various medicinal purposes is the fruit of the sour squash. While we’ve been so busy reproachful its bitter flavour, we’ve not only unnoticed this fact but also the wide range of bitter gourd juice offers.
Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits for Diabetes It also recognized as bitter melon,can be beneficial for monitoring diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effects. It can prevents insulin resistance.
· Drink some bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach every morning. At start remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and use a juicer to extract the juice.
Health Benefits of Bitter Melon or Bitter Gourd
Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels
It includes an insulin-like mixture called Polypeptide-p or p-insulin which has been shown to control blood sugar naturally.
Maintains Insulin Level
It benefits in improving the glucose tolerance without any noticeable increase in the blood insulin level.
Thus, high sugar concentration in theblood increases the risk of both Type I and Type II diabetes which furthersurges the risk of oxidation and inflammation in the entire body, ultimateleading to blindness, diabetic feet, stroke, heart attack or kidney disease.Bitter gourd can prevent all these illnesses not only by lowering blood sugarlevels however also through its antioxidant properties.
Facilitates Carbohydrate Digestion
Bitter gourd inhibits the enzymesthat are involved in fragmenting down the disaccharides to two monosaccharides,thus decreasing the quantity of glucose released into the blood. Bitter gourdis effective in the treatment of both Type I and Type II diabetes as it impactsthe transport canals for glucose. This is mainly helpful in preventing thespikes in blood sugar levels after meals.
Improves Glucose Utilization
· It has antihyperglycemic stuff owingto the obtainability of charantin and momordicin.
· It aids in enhancing the peripheral glucose utilization and increasing serum protein levels.
Protects from Diabetic Complications
· It offers help in defending from the diabetic complications by reducing the harmful effects of free radicals.
· Eating karela on consistent basisaccelerates the pancreas to conceal more insulin thus helpful for diabeticpeople.
· Taking karela powder with honey orwater helps in curing diabetes. Drinking its fresh juice on dailybasis also help.
Drinking a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning on an empty stomach can greatly help in lowering blood glucose levels. To reduce its bitterness, you can immerse the peeled bitter gourd slices in water with salt or turmeric for 15 minutes. Then remove the pieces from water and grind them with water along with a few drops of lemon.Sieve the tough part and drink on an empty stomach. For the additional advantage of boosting your immune system, you can try adding half a piece of amla or Indian gooseberry to the juice.
Side Effects, Precautions and Disadvantages
· Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits shouldnot be consumed over 2 bitter melons a day as it may cause abdominal pain anddiarrhea.
· Bitter Gourd comprises some alkaloids(quinine, morodicine, etc) which are usually unbearable for some people.
· It may also stimulate menstruation thus excess use should be avoided.